Monday, December 21, 2015

An Unexpected Proposal by Annette Lyon: (Day 10)




While working at a wood camp in the Logan canyon during the winter of 1880, Caroline Simpson is forced to thwart the aggressive advances of Mr. Butch Larson, and in the process discovers that her long-time friend James has genuine affection for her. But as stubborn as Caroline is, she minimizes the emotions James has awakened in her, and it takes almost losing him to admit her true feelings. 


AN UNEXPECTED PROPOSAL was introduced in the first volume of the bestselling and award-winning Timeless Romance Anthology series, WINTER COLLECTION:
**Amazon #1 Bestselling *New Release* in Clean Romance 
**Amazon Top 10 in Regency Romance  
**Amazon Top 5 in Victorian Romance                                                                                                                                                                          

     



Annette Lyon is the Whitney Award-winner author of Band of Sisters and a three-time recipient of Utah’s Best of State Medal for fiction, twice for novels and a third time for her novellas. She has received many publication awards from the League of Utah Writers, including the Silver Quill for her first book in the Newport Ladies Book Club series, Paige. She’s published more than a dozen novels, even more novellas, several nonfiction books, and over 120 magazine articles, and she has a cum laude BA in English from BYU. When she’s not writing, knitting, or eating chocolate, she can be found mothering and avoiding the spots on the kitchen floor.


Q and A with the Author:

What is your favorite part of writing?
For me, the best parts of writing aren’t predictable. The experience of writing each work is different from writing every other, so the challenges and joys will be different too. Often, the biggest thrill is the moment a great idea or character appears for the first time on the stage of my mind. Sometimes writing the initial draft transports me into what feels like another dimension (but then, other times, writing every word is torture). Other days, revision is a pure delight; I get to take the lump of clay that is the messy first draft and form it into something wonderful. Yet sometimes revision can feel like drudgery too—particularly during the fifth or sixth or seventh revision . . .). Before I begin a new project, I never know what my favorite part will be.

Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp?

I don’t write books with a message in mind, yet messages often show up anyway. Yet a dear friend recently pointed out that a common thread in my romance novellas is finding love where you don’t expect it—often right in front of you.

Connect with the Author here:
                  


10 fun facts about me
1.      I grew up in a family with one boy followed by three girls; I have one boy followed by three girls.
2.      All of my daughters are redheads. (They’re also smart and gorgeous. I’m not biased or anything.)
3.      I have dual U.S./Swiss citizenship.
4.      Due to surgery at 16, I have 6 tiny screws permanently in my jaw, 3 on each side.
5.      I’m not a great cook, but I make killer brownies and chocolate chip cookies. 
6.      The first book I ever finished was a nonfiction kids’ self-help book. I was 12.
7.      I have ADHD-I, which is ADD with the hyperactive component.
8.      I’m a huge L. M. Montgomery fan. I own every book she ever wrote, collections of her hundreds of short stories, and even all five volumes of her published journals.
9.      I spent 3 years of my adolescence living in Helsinki, Finland, where I attended public school, learned the language, fell in love with the country, and became a chocolate snob. (Nothing compares with Fazer brand chocolate!)
10.  Knitting is one of my favorite ways to unwind.


To view our blog schedule and follow along with this tour visit our Official Event page 



No comments:

Post a Comment