Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Fighting Destiny (Forsaken Sinners MC Book 1) by Shelly Morgan With Review and Character questions

 Title: Fighting Destiny
 (Forsaken Sinners MC Series Bk 1)
Author: Shelly Morgan
Genre: MC Series

Toby has always been the quiet one unless he needed to be heard. He lives and breathes his club and fighting - in or outside of the cage. But that all means nothing when Sara walks into his gym for a self-defense class he's teaching. Wither her, he feels at peace, which isn't something he's ever felt before.
Sara was always a doormat and a pushover. But after years of being abused, both physically and emotionally, she decides to leave her boyfriend. In order to do that though, she has to leave what few friends she still has, her job and her apartment behind. She flees from New York to California, hoping that it is far enough away he won't find her.
They meet when they never expected it. But when they are together, they feel things they have never felt before. Can they survive when Sara's past clouds their present? Can Sara get over Toby's hard exterior? Or will they only hurt each other beyond repair?
It's time to decide if they will follow what fate has set out for them or if they will both be in for the fight of their lives; Fighting Destiny.

*****WARNING BOOK CONTAINS ADULT SITUATIONS, OFFENSIVE LANGUAGE, AND SEXUAL CONTENT 18+ ADVISED*****
I was given this arc in return for an honest review. In no way was I bribed or forced to leave the following review…..
Fighting Destiny by Shelly Morgan is the first book in the Forsaken Sinners MC Series. I have had the privilege to read the prequel to this book and I have to say that Shelly has done an amazing job writing this book as she did with the prequel. In fighting destiny we meet Toby who is one of the Forsaken Sinners MC Brothers. He has spent his life fighting in the cage so that he could feel grounded. His entire life the only family that he has had is the club and he didn’t think that he needed anything else. Toby has always been the quiet one unless he needed to be heard. He lives and breathes his club and fighting - in or outside of the cage.
Then enters Sara, who has been a doormat for most of her life. She has been with the same man for a while now and has endured an abusive relationship. She has been both emotionally and physically abused. One day she decides that she has had enough and leaves Rick because she cannot take the abuse anymore. Living out of a motel room and working at the sinners strip club until she is able to get out on her own she finds herself walking into a self-defense class where she meets Toby. One night at the club she is being pulled into the back by a drunk that wants to use her and Toby just happens to witness it happening. She then meets other members of the Club such as Dani and begins working in the tattoo shop with Dani. Then for some unknown reason her past catches up with her and causes a lot of issues within the club and its members.  Can Sara and Toby overcome her past? Can she look past Toby’s domineering ways? Can their relationship continue to grow or will she be the cause of the brothers falling apart? To find out the answers to these questions and what happens between Sara and Toby then by all means check out the book to see what happens you will not be disappointed!!!!! Great Job Shelly on another great Book!!!!!! Can’t wait for the next one to get here! 









I was born and raised in a small town in Iowa. I have three children that love to drive me crazy. LOL My storytelling and writing started when I was very young; always telling stories and writing small books that I swore would get published; I would pride myself in being the author, editor and illustrator. But the more I grew up, the less I had time to write the stories that were constantly in my head. But in 2014, I wanted to give it a go, so I started writing the story that was my favorite in my head; Rewriting Destiny. It was only going to be a standalone and wasn't going to be something I would publish, but the more I wrote, I needed to share with the world and the more I fell in love with the characters. There was no way I could leave it with just one story, so it will be a series. Reading and writing are my passion and I'm so grateful to be able to share my stories with the world.

AmazonGoodreadsTwitterFacebook








CHARACTER INTERVIEW QUESTIONS

Character Interview

     Dani: What made you feel comfortable with the Forsaken Sinners? 
Well, it wasn’t instant, at least not for most of them. When I walked into Sinners Ink that day looking for an apartment and I saw Mack, I was a little scared. I almost turned around and walked away, but I didn’t. Then, as he was showing me the apartment, there was just something about him that I trusted. I felt safe with him. Then, the more time I spent with him and the rest of the guys, I found myself a family that loved me and would do anything to protect me.
Zane: Zane why exactly did you push Danielle away from you in the first place? I thought she could do better. And I thought maybe she needed to live her life a little before I tried to tie her down. When I knew I loved her and it wasn’t just lust or something, I knew I’d be with her forever if I could get her to feel the same way. She was it for me. But she was younger than me and still had so much ahead of her. Plus, I knew I was going to be joining the Marines. I didn’t want to hurt her and I didn’t want her to feel like she needed to put her life on hold for me while I would be overseas.
Zane: What possessed you to leave Dani at the party alone when you knew that she was an innocent? 
I never planned to leave her alone at that party and to this day I still regret it. I just needed to escape. I knew that if I was there one more minute, something would have happened with Dani and I and I couldn’t let that happen. She didn’t even know I wasn’t in school anymore or that I was in the Marines, let alone that I was deploying in less than a month. I was scared and pissed off at the world. I made a mistake and I will never forgive myself for what happened after I left for as long as I live.
Mack: What did you see in Dani that made you want to protect her without even really knowing her? I honestly don’t know. Maybe it was when she walked into my tattoo shop and when she saw me, she should have turned right back around, but instead, she squared her shoulders and continued on. I knew something had happened in her life and that she was running, and for her to not cower and run scared, I knew she was tough, but sometimes, you need someone to be strong for you and protect you. I guess I wanted to be that person for her. I wanted to help hold her up and keep her strong. But as time passed, I grew to love her like my own. She is a daughter to me in every way that counts.
Louie: Are you seriously that much of an asshole that you would treat Sara the way you did because of your feelings? 
I’m not proud of that day and I wish I could turn back the clock and not say the things that I said to her that day. I know it’s not an excuse, but I was in a bad place, sometimes still am, but I should have never taken it out on her. She offered an ear and a shoulder to lean on and I shoved it back in her face. Sara and I have come a long way since then. I’d like to think she’s forgiven me and we’ve both moved on. Even though I’m still dealing with my own shit, I think I’m learning to not pass my shit on to other people. Sara is like a sister to me now and I will do anything to protect her, even from myself.
Toby: Are you that possessive or just an outright asshat for yelling at Sara when she left to be alone? 
I was out of my mind with worry, and that’s no reason for the way I reacted, but I was scared that I had lost her. I had no idea what happened; where she went, why, or if someone took her. I will spend every day for the rest of my life making it up to her.
Sara: Seriously girl what made you believe that you were not as strong as you really are?
I still don’t think I’m strong, or as strong as I’d like to be, but I’m getting there. When I left New York, I was scared and so beaten down, physically and emotionally. I thought that since I stayed with Rick for so long that I was weak. I let him do that to me. Why didn’t I leave the first time things went bad? Back then, I thought it was because I was weak, but really, it was Rick that was weak. That’s why he treated me the way he did. I’ve learned since being around everyone in the club that for me to leave, that was my first big step into being a better me, a stronger me. And even though I love that Toby and the rest of my new family will do anything to protect me, I want to stand on my own. I will continue to get stronger; on my own and with those I love standing behind me.
Sara: How is life with Toby now? How would you describe falling asleep at Toby’s side? 
Life is amazing. As you all know, Toby asked me to marry him. We haven’t discussed a date or how we are going to get married, but I know when the time is right, it will happen. I don’t need a big fanfare wedding, I just need him, and he knows that, though he wants me to have all the bells and whistles. As for falling asleep beside him every night, the only words I can use to describe it is amazing. I know that word is overused by everyone, but really, that’s what pops into my head. He makes me want to be better, he makes me want to be myself and I know he’ll still love me. When I fall asleep, it’s with him holding me and in his arms, I know I have my forever. I know I have my strength and reason to wake up the next morning and keep pushing on.
Mack: What makes you love the club so much? That’s a long story, but I’ll try to shorten it up for you. When I was thirteen, my dad was killed by an outlaw biker gang. He was coming home from the bank and was mugged. My dad not wanting to let the men take his hard earned money that he worked his ass off for for his family, he fought back. My dad wasn’t the toughest of men, but he had is honor. I guess he figured if he was going to die, he was going to die fighting for his family. And he did. After that happened, I hated biker gangs. I wanted to go into law enforcement and bring ever one of those motherfuckers down. But when I was seventeen, I saw a man trying to rape a woman in an alley way on my way home for my part time job at the gas station. I saw a leather jacket and instantly saw red. I thought that it was a biker striking again. I charged into the alley and tried to pull the man off the woman, but he had a knife. Now I’ve always been a bigger guy, but I had never come across a fight with weapons before. I had no idea how to protect myself and the woman. But then, out of nowhere, a man I had never seen before stepped in and saved me and the woman. When I went to thank him, I realized that he was wearing a biker vest. As soon as I saw that, I stepped back and was ready to fight to the death, but there was something in his eyes. It took a while after that night, but that he showed me that not all bikers are bad. So I decided that I wanted to change the way others might look at bikers. So I went to college for law enforcement, but it wasn’t for me. I ended up dropping out and prospecting for Vick (He was the man that saved me that night). I was a part of his club for ten years, working my way all the up to his Sgt. At Arms. When Vick passed away, I decided to branch out and start my own club. My club, the Forsaken Sinners, these men are my family. They share the same beliefs as me and know what true brotherhood is. We may do some shady stuff from time to time or things that not all people think is just, but to us, it is. That is why I love my club so much. (Damn, I’m sorry, I said the short version, but I guess you had really make that short, now can you?)
Toby: What makes you love the club so much?
I was always fighting in my life, whether it was for food, love, or to live. But when I came across the Forsaken Sinners, I felt I didn’t have to fight by myself anymore. They mean more to me than my blood should have. I will do anything for my club and my family and I know without a shadow of a doubt that they would lay their lives down for me too.
Zane: What makes you love the club so much? 
When I was overseas, I had a brother at arms that was going to prospect for the Forsaken Sinners. He grew up in a town where there was a chapter and he would always tell me what type of people they were. I never really thought much about it, but when he died while serving his country, I felt like I owed it to him to join. I’ve never regretted that decision to this day and I thank God every day for my brother who told me about this type of brotherhood. My club means the world to me and they have brought me more happiness than I thought possible after my brother Zeke died and I thought I lost Dani. And then for them to bring me back to her, it’s just the way it was supposed to happen.
Louie: What makes you Love the club so much? 
My father was murdered when I was eighteen. I snapped when I found out he was killed. I went searching for that motherfucker and when I found him, I was going to make him pay, but slowly and painfully. But before I could finish the job, Mack found me. He said that it looked like Lucifer himself was inside of me that day. He pulled me back and offered me a deal I couldn’t refuse and I took it. I graduated high school and came here to California with Mack. He took me under his wing and I became a prospect. I miss my father every day, but his death brought me here, and I will never regret that.
Dani: What makes you love the club so much? 
When I met Mack and everyone else in the club, I was trying to run from my past and make myself into a new person, someone I could be proud of. Bad shit happened to me, but I never wanted that to lead my life or make me into a scared little girl. They helped me do that. I know some people may not like me or think I’m too much of a bitch, but I am who I was always supposed to be. And they all love me and wouldn’t change me for anything. Sure, I drive them all insane most days, but they still love me.
Dani: What are you hoping for in terms of the baby’s sex? Why?
Honestly, I want a boy. Whenever I picture my baby, I see a mini Zane, so that’s my hope, but I will be happy either way, though I feel sorry for our baby if she’s a girl. Her father will be one protective father either way, but if it’s a girl, it will be ten times worse. You think he’s bad with me, I think it will be worse having a daughter.
Louie: What is up with you and Harlow? 
This is sort of a touchy subject for me, but I’ll do my best to tell you all. Harlow was just someone who I liked to mess with. She was so innocent and cute and I loved the way she would react when I messed with her. She was such a contrast too. Innocent but sassy, I loved it. But she was also a really good friend, in some ways, more so than Dani (don’t tell her that or she’ll kick my ass). But at that time, I thought I had lost Dani, and Harlow helped me not feel so lost and forgotten. Then, one night, one thing lead to another and we fucked. Of course it was more than a one night stand to me, though I’m not in love with her and it’s not forever, but it was nice, different than what I get with club pussy or random girls. But she freaked and I freaked because I didn’t know she was a virgin. I thought I’d let her get her head on straight and I could get my shit straight before we talked about it and about where we went from there, but the next day, she was just gone. At first, I thought she would be back, but as the days turned into weeks and weeks into months, I fear I’ve lost her for good. And that doesn’t sit well with me. I don’t know how I feel for her, but I know I miss her every day and wish she would come back to me so I could at least have her back in my life again, even if just as a co-worker. I would take her any way I could get her at this point.
Zane: When it comes to the sex of the baby what are you hoping for? Why? Well, for all the obvious reason, I would really like a boy. I want to be able to teach him how to play football and have another man in the house. But I also think it wouldn’t be bad if the baby was a girl. I’d love to have a little girl. I’m just not sure I would be a good father to a girl. I would be so scared every time she was out of my sight, thinking someone was disrespecting her or hurting her. Either way, as long as the baby is healthy, I’ll be happy.
Toby: Is there a chance that you and Sara will have babies in the future? 
I never thought of having kids of my own until I met Sara. Now, I can’t stop thinking of her pregnant with my child. I definitely think there will be babies in the future. We just haven’t talked about it yet.
Toby: Do you want to even have children? 
Yes, I do want children, as long as they are with Sara. I hope they take after their mother; beautiful and with so much strength.
Sarah: How about you do you want to have children? 
I think I do, but I want to wait. Things with Toby are still so new, and I want more time with just him and me. I’m in no rush to have kids, but I do want them eventually. As long as Toby is ok with that, but if not, I’m ok with it just being him and me too.
Sarah: is there going to be babies in your future with Toby? 
Maybe someday.
Mack: Are you ever going to find a woman that you can make your own or are you destined to fill your time with different women? I honestly don’t know if there is a woman out there that will be able to handle my life. I’m not opposed to having an old lady, but I just don’t think it’s in the cards for me, and I’m ok with that…most days. It sucks sometimes seeing everyone around me falling like fools, but then I think about all the stress that they have too. I have enough of that with the club and my girls. I have my hands full as it is.












No comments:

Post a Comment