Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Flicker by Courtney Houston with Review


Title: Flicker (Defying Death Book 1)
Author: Courtney Houston 
Genre: unknown 

My name is Catalina Franklin. And I should be dead. 
When Death called my number, sending one of her Guides to take my soul, she didn't count on one thing. The Guide she sent - He was made for me, and I for him. Pulling me back from the arms of Death, Telor changed my fate - and his. Now we're left with the question of not only how he's still here, but why. Will we get the answers we need? Or will Death find us first? Only time will tell...but ours is quickly running out. 

*****Warning there some Adult Scenes and a little Violence********
This is the First book in the series.
I bought this book at a Signing and met the author she spoke so passionately about her story I couldn't help but buy it. I can tell you this Courtney Huston Writes just as passionately as she tells about her book.
What Happens when you cheat Death? Well First you have to figure out how it is you cheated death, or maybe not how but who. Cat is a workaholic. She has a no strings attached relationship with her roommate. He wants her to take their relationship to the next level. Cat does love him and there is no reason not to take things to the next level, but after a slip in the snow nothing is the same. She is hearing voices, and seeing things no one else is seeing. Then it stops and the new guy at work has her all messed up. She is drawn to him, but his hot and cold attitude make her want to hide in her office. There is something about him that seems so familiar. She just can't put her finger on it. He works for death, and is one of her favorites. He can push her further than most, but this time he may have gone to far. Now he can't stay away from her he needs to protect her. He will go to any lengths to do that. Even go up against death herself.
I am totally in love with this series and can't wait for the next one. I fell in love with all of the characters. This is the story about Death, life, Fate and Destiny. You won't want to miss this wild adventure to find out what they do when we're not paying attention.


Courtney lives in Kentucky with her husband (Mr. Houston), her two boys (Emmett and Ellis), her two cats (Polly and Jed) and her 3 chickens. Legal Assistant by day and writer by night, Courtney enjoys pancakes, coffee, wine and the number 26. She's a Leo, at least that's what the tattoo on her back says.





No comments:

Post a Comment